A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or Certified Nurse's Aide, performs nursing activities in a clinical setting and is responsible for providing technical care to patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
The full-time/part-time/temporary position is for a Skilled Nursing Facility in Fairfield, CA
Duties may vary depending upon client facility policy. CNAs may be exposed to communicable diseases and may be assigned to patients in isolation. Nurses may be exposed to infectious waste including radioactive waste material from nuclear medicine. Will have a working knowledge of universal precautions.
Functions & Activities:
- Give proper hygiene, bed bath, sponge bath, oral care, or perineal care.
- Make a basic patient assessment, noting basic changes in the patient’s condition.
- Take vital signs with accuracy.
- Be in clean attire at all times and have good communication skills.
- Know how to accurately record intake and output with a basic understanding of its significance.
- Maintain a good attitude with patients and their families.
- Assist nurses as needed.
- Have knowledge of the weighing scale utilized by the facility.
- Know proper documentation and charting.
- Reporting and Endorsing.
The physical effort routinely required to accomplish work activities includes: lifting and transferring clients (ability to lift at least 50 pounds), prolonged standing and walking, frequent bending and reaching, ability to move heavy objects, visual acuity, aural acuity, manual dexterity, the ability to write legibly and the ability to perform and maintain CPR certification.
Exposed intermittently to infectious disease, radiation, chemical, and biological hazards.
Must practice in accordance with the standard of CNA practice at all times.
- Must have a certificate of training from an accredited CNA Nursing School.
- Must be a holder of a current valid CPR card issued by the American Heart Association.
- Shall have at least one (1) year work experience in an acute hospital setting.
- Shall pass First Call Nursing Services qualifying tests for Certified Nurse's Aide, Infection Control, Fire Safety, and all other JCAHO requirements.
- SKILLED NURSING: 1 year (Preferred)